Sunday, June 15, 2008

Silly Old Bear

Saw "Winnie The Pooh" today. Well, the movie, though I did meet him at Disneyland a month ago. Really friendly guy (or should I say bear?) Coming back to the point - as a kid I saw this movie (on video then (yes I am that old, that I lived through video) a gazillion times. During the holidays we would spread out all the videos and choose which movie to watch that afternoon. The choice always came down to Pooh bear or Alice in Wonderland. No prizes for guessing who won.

So after meeting him last month I went out to buy the DVD (since I don't have a VCR anymore, though the much-used video is still there) and found out that none of the stores in Bombay have the good ol 1977 classic "The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh". Long live Amazon! Got it (and Alice - couldn't leave her out, she did win some of the time) within 2 weeks and saw it this evening with my nephew and niece.

And I must say it was amazing! It hadn't lost any of its magic, the songs were still catchy and I even remembered most of the words. (Patting my back as I type.) And the movie got the much coveted stamp of approval from my nephew and niece - as soon as it was over they said in unison "Again!".

No comments: